In shaa Allah in less than 10 days, we will enter the very best days of the year sisters, are you excited?!!
I know I am, may Allah give us tawfeeq and allow us to witness them in great health and in a beautiful state of eeman.
Good Deeds during these first ten days of Dhul Hijjah have maximum rewards! You know we strive to live by ‘time to do good is now’, well it’s about to be reaaaaal very soon in shaa Allah. I pray we make the most of those days. Aameen!💪🏽
The coach in me will tell you to start thinking about what you want to do during these days. Plan and set beautiful intentions for them so you get rewarded regardless bi idhnillah. Below are just a few suggestions to help you plan.
1. Pray Fard on time.
“The most beloved of deeds according to Allah are the prayer in its right time, then to treat the parents in an excellent manner, and then Jihad in the path of Allah.” [Agreed upon]
2. Strive for better khushoo (concentration in salaah).
3. Read different suwar (plural of surah).
4. Increase the amount of optional prayers.
5. Tahajjud/Duas in the last 3rd of the night (⏰ get up for du’as even if you are not praying).
- Fast as many days as you can.
2. Fast the Day of Arafat.
3. Practice fasting of the tongue ( reduce your speech).
4. Practice fasting of the eyes (lower your gaze)
5. Restrain your urge to satisfy your curiosity (mind your own business and reduce time spent on social media).
6. Make a lot of Duas during your fast and when you are about to break your fast.
7. Feed someone who fasted by cooking and serving them iftar.
- Obey husband in everything that is halal. (Avoid arguing or talking back, just do what he asks with love seeking the pleasure of the Almighty.)
2. Smile and say kind words of praise and gratitude to him.
3. Dress up and flirt with your spouse.
“The best of women are those that please him [her husband] when he sees her, obeys him when she is commanded, and who does not secretly betray him with regards to herself and her money in that which he dislikes.” [Ahmad, Sahih]
Learn about ways to improve your marriage and turn it into worship! (We have an amazing course on this topic available on our portal which also includes a 1 on 1 coaching session with me. Click on the highlighted link Turn your marriage into worship.)
1. Improve your overall sense of hijab.
2. Reduce your outings.
“The best prayers for women are those performed in the most secluded parts of their houses.” [Ibn Khuzaymah, Sahih]
HOUSEHOLD & CHILDREN (it’s your flock!):
- Clean, organize and declutter your home.
2. Spend quality time with your children.
3. Teach your children something new.
Check out this beautiful company Doorway to see how they can help you manage your household in a way pleasing to Allah Azza Wajal.
- Increase the amount of reading, even if it’s just one more ayah.
2. Enroll in a class to learn how to read. Check out our Tajwid classes by clicking on this link.
3. Listen to Tafseer lectures.
4. Memorize and review your Hifz.
5. Implement what you read with some Tadabbur (Qur’an reflection).
If you are interested in taking a course in Tadabbur, click on the following link to access our online learning portal.
THIKR: (Fortress of Muslim book)
- Do the powerful thikr with major rewards (Subhannallahi wa bihamdi.., market dua….)
Narrated Abu Huraira (ra) : Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Whoever says, ‘Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi,’ one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
The most beloved words according to Allah the Most High are four: Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, La ilaha illallah and Allahu Akbar; there is no problem with which one you start with.” [Muslim]
2. Recite your morning and evening athkar (they can be found in the fortress of the muslim booklet).
3. Istighfar and Tawbah
4. Daily routine duas (such as the du’a after eating for instance, which results in all past sins forgiven!!).
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said,
“He who has taken food and says at the end:
الحمد لله الذى أطعمنى هذا ورزقنيه من غير حول مني ولا قوة
Al-hamdu lillahi-lladhi at ‘amani hadha, wa razaqanihi min ghairi haulin minni wa la quwwatin (All praise is due to Allah Who has given me food to eat and provided it without any endeavor on my part or any power) all his past sins will be forgiven.”
5. Remember Allah and His beautiful attributes by taking a course on the names of Allah Azza Wajal. This is one of our best reviewed courses offered at Al An for U. We spend over an hour breaking down the meaning of just one name and making sure we internalize it by the end of a session. If you want to dig deeper and truly connect with the names of Allah, this is the class for you.
PARENTS, FAMILY, SISTERHOOD:
If your parents are still alive, know that through serving and pleasing them, you can earn your way into Jannah. Call them, visit them, listen to them patiently and obey them in what is halal.
Reconnect with your family members, maitain ties of kinship. You can already write a list of family members you have not heard from in a while and whom you would like to reach for the pleasure of Allah. Make du’a for them and do what you can for them.
Also, remember your sisters in eeman, be there for them and reconnect with them during these best days.
May Allah bless us with the best days of the year and grant us the tawfeeq to excel during these blessed times.
Plan these days now dear sister. Set beautiful intentions for them NOW. The above suggestions are as much for me as they are for you. I pray they help give you a good idea of how you can spend these great days!
Time to do good is now dear sister 💕🌸.
Go ahead and do some good by sharing this post with anyone you think might benefit. 🤩
Binta Umm Yahya
Binta Umm Yahya is the owner of Al An For U which is an online platform for Qur’an lessons, Islamic studies and Lifecoaching for Muslimas and women interested in Islam. She has been teaching for over 7 years now and is an ongoing student of Qur’an with her husband imam Ahmed Abu Suhailah. She loves reciting, teaching and reflecting on the Qur’an. She also coaches sisters helping them gain clarity, focus and understanding of their religion so they live their best life connecting to their Maker. Whenever she is not teaching or coaching, you can find her staring at the sky, reading or journaling with a big cup of tea. 🙂